If you would like to write a blog post for our website, please read through our guidelines, then submit the article through the link below.
Shine for Him’s Guidelines for ApplicantsOur Mission
Shine For Him’s mission is to equip preteen and teen girls with the skills and the heart to reach out to others with the Love of Christ. Through our online community, we encourage both those working for the website and those who view our website to shine their light for God, and to bring those around them to Christ using their God-given talents. Because Shine is created by girls, for girls, it supplies us with an amazing and unique mission opportunity that we highly value. We want to see more and more preteen and teen girls come to Christ and discover his love. Our name and mission is based off of Matthew 5:16, where it says “In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.” We also hold close 1 Timothy 4:12, where it says “Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith, and in purity.”Remember.
This is a free magazine. Any money that we make off of this website goes to website maintenance such as our domain, themes, plugins, etc., as well as occasional supplies for blog posts. Nobody gets paid for their work, but certainlywill be rewarded by God!Our Rules for Writing
No sexual or mature content. (Think PG and under.)*
No use of drugs, alcohol, etc.*
No potentially triggering topics such as self harm, abuse, eating disorders, etc.*
No discriminating or derogatory words/slurs/phrases/comments towards any person, race, gender, sexuality, religion, etc.
*There may be certain times where these rules may be modified or taken away. This will be decided on a case by case basis where explicit permission will be given by one of the leaders of Shine.
- Believe the Bible to be the one and only Word of God.
- Believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- Believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
- Believe that, for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit and that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation.
- Believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life.
- Believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of eternal punishment.
- Believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the Church.
- Believe that the ministry of evangelism is a responsibility of both the church and each Christian.
By submitting your article, you declare that the information you provided is true, correct, and complete to the best of your knowledge. You also understand our conditions, stand by our beliefs, abide by our rules for writing, and follow these structures in everything you do for Shine. Lastly, you agree that Shine For Him may use your writing on their website, social media, emails, and any other ways through which they distribute their content.